14 October 2005

Gunfighter Diary Desert Shield 01 Sep 90



Flyin form in the desert is so much fun. Desert cammie paint job looks pretty good.

1 SEP 90

160176, 2Q5, 2.3, 140, Peewee

Never thought a cot would feel so good! Still carry pistol and gas mask everywhere. Speaking of which, showered in the new field shower, which is a group of plastic cubes with shower heads, fed from a large, large bladder of solar heated water. I knew that big orange ball in the sky would eventually come in handy for something. Showers are about 1/2 the size of a normal shower. Another tent is attached to the showers to dry in, so the WMs will miss seeing us naked should that bitch Pat Schroeder succeed in pushing them out to where we are. Guess we’re in real imminent danger now, huh?
Flew a pop up photo mission, then flew around some more. We may put a Forward Area Arming and Refueling Point (FAARP) out up north to reduce congestion at JNA. Of course I’d probably have to sleep there every week or so. Reminds me of the George Carlin routine, I’d have to take an even smaller pile of my “stuff” from my JNA pile of “stuff” and go camping. Here’s where I want to be, wherever Spot isn’t! It will break up the monotony. Need some new sunglasses bad, now that I have my cot I’m getting greedy. Maybe some film for my cheapo camera and envelopes. And someone to read all of this mail that I’m getting.
Field mess is up and running, more on that . Morning and evening dining extravaganzas, “happy meals”, aka “Mr Es” for lunch. Rumor control is we can get bigger boxes now, but don’t need much more to carry. See “Mobility of a Nation”. Read. Heed. Everyone has chunky thighs, or it looks that way when their cammie pockets are “filled with white gold”, i.e. toilet paper. It’s the small things in life.

No comments: